Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

First blog of the new year...Yay! Well, let me start with Happy New Year! I hope anyone reading this had a safe and fun night last night bringing in 2011. Unfortunately, that was not the case for me and my mom. Although we did not suffer any safety issues so to speak, our way of bringing in the "New Year" was far less than happy :( Since moving to NC, we have learned many new things about our new neighbors including that there is no such thing as a leash law with dogs, no one feels the need to lock their car/house, and there is always reason to carry a gun! But one thing we were not aware of was the annual lighting of fireworks at private shindigs in the hours leading up to the actual event of the New Year celebration. Needless to say, the horses did not handle the festivities all that well. To make my story short, we spent from 6:00pm to 12:20 in the barn blasting the local pop station to drown out the "works", hand walking in the barn aisle, and feeding Hilton Herballs (perfect sugar free cookies to feed in occassions like these!) until the fireworks ceased and the air was no longer filled with smoke. We got home around 12:30 and promptly crashed, only recognizing the holiday the next morning. At least today we were together as a family, relaxed most of the day and ate a fantastic meal to top it off! Not too bad ;) As a plus, my dad also gifted me and my mother with tickets to the Broadway production of The Lion King at the Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC) this month....I cannot wait, sooo excited!!!

Enough of last night, now to the good stuff: New Years Resolution and Goals! I have decided that I am not breaking things down into specific goals for me or my ponies but instead just general goals that I hope to be reasonably attainable and not just in my riding life but in my personal life as well. Enjoy reading them and maybe as time goes on and if you keep reading (lets hope you do ;)) you can watch...er, read that I accomplish a majority of them!

Resolution/Goals for 2011
  • Finish the requirements for my Bronze Medal
  • Qualify for the USDF/GAIG Region 1 Championships and Arabian/Half-Arabian Sport Horse Nationals in whatever level I choose to compete at this year
  • Continue going to lessons, clinics, and any other form of continuing my education in dressage
  • To keep improving myself with every ride on every horse by maintaining patience and an open mind
  • Lose 15lbs to fit into my beautiful new show coat 
  • Generally be healthier with food (portion control) and exercise (actually doing some besides riding!)
  • Go to a play/concert  - currently scheduled for January 19th
  • Enjoy more activities with my family
  • Finish at least 10 books this year
  • Get a new job that will help better support my love of the big 4-legged beasties :)
Until next time, Have a great start to 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment