Saturday, December 31, 2011

Year End Wrap Up!!

Well, It's that time of year again...time to look back and see exactly what we did through the year that was productive (and in some cases not!) and if we stuck to any of our initial goals planned for the year.


First, let's start with what I accomplished this year...I rode all of my horses as much as I could. Buddy went to five horse shows at Second Level and came away with 7 Firsts, 4 Seconds, 1 Fourth, 3 Fifths, High Score Second Level and a Reserve High Score Petite Mount!!! DJ went to his first lessons in over a year and plans have been made for next season. Khakie has continued to improve his dressage basics and there may be an outing planned in the next couple of months. Because of this, I have been enlightened about physical fitness and healthy eating. Next year is going to be even better because of it, but more on that later.


I also completed my Paralegal Certification at the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill. It was a great experience and am hopeful for this new opportunity to provide me the finances I need to keep doing what  love :) This also gives me the ability to be a Notary Public and at the same time I'm re-learning French and Russian and just now beginning German. I have to say I'm having a great time and will definitely make a shout out to MindSnacks, my App that helps me learn all these fun languages! 


Now, time to rehash this year's "resolutions" to see how I did! Blue will be for completed tasks, Red for uncompleted and Underlined for resolutions that were edited.


Resolution/Goals for 2011

  • Finish the requirements for my Bronze Medal - Nope, hopefully next year!
  • Qualify for the USDF/GAIG Region 1 Championships and Arabian/Half-Arabian Sport Horse Nationals in whatever level I choose to compete at this year - I did! Second Level Amateur for both and received a Dover Medal in the process :)
  • Continue going to lessons, clinics, and any other form of continuing my education in dressage - Unfortunately, no clinics this year but did try to stay as current on my learning as I could which included lessons every other week and coaching at horse shows.
  • To keep improving myself with every ride on every horse by maintaining patience and an open mind - I've decided to change this one from a goal to an everyday riding motto
  • Lose 15lbs to fit into my beautiful new show coat - Achieved! but after the holidays I really might need to do this again :)
  • Generally be healthier with food (portion control) and exercise (actually doing some besides riding!) - this one can be added to the weight loss one because if I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have lost the 15lbs
  • Go to a play/concert  - currently scheduled for January 19th - Not only did I get to go see the Lion King but I got to see Spamalot as well...too much fun!!!
  • Enjoy more activities with my family
  • Finish at least 10 books this year - This is a biggie! Not only did I complete this one but I tripled it! Here's a list of all of them:

January
World Fall: Book 2 of The Seven Circles Trilogy - Douglas Niles
The Goddess Worldweaver: Book 3 of The Seven Circles Trilogy - Douglas Niles
February
Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister - Gregory Maguire
A Lion Among Men: Third Year of the Wicked Series - Gregory Maguire
March
Mirror, Mirror - Gregory Maguire
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson
April
Lost - Gregory Maguire
Ghosthunting Virginia - Michael J. Varhola
The Dark Tower: Treachery - Stephen King (Graphic Novel)
May
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Vol. 1 - Allan Moore & Kevin O’Neill (Graphic Novel)
The Girl Who Played with Fire - Stieg Larsson
June
 On Stranger Tides - Tim Powers
 Prince Caspian - C.S. Lewis
 The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - C.S. Lewis
July
The Silver Chair - C.S. Lewis
The Last Battle - C. S. Lewis
August
Locke & Key: Keys to the Kingdom - Joe HIll & Gabriel Rodriguez (Graphic Novel)
Tiger’s Curse - Colleen Houck
Tiger’s Quest - Colleen Houck
September
The Pillars of the Earth - Ken Follet
October
The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern
Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark - Guillermo Del Toro
November
Dreamless Issue #1 - Bobby Crosby & Sarah Ellerton (Graphic Novel) 
Tiger’s Voyage - Colleen Houck
Atomic Robo FCBD Edition - Brian Clevinger & Scott Wegener (Graphic Novel)
Eragon: Inheritance Book 1 - Christopher Paolini (Audiobook)

December
Eldest: Inheritance Book 2 - Christopher Paolini (Audiobook)
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll (Audiobook)
Through the Looking Glass - Lewis Carroll (Audiobook)
Witch and Wizard: The Fire - James Patterson 

  • Get a new job that will help better support my love of the big 4-legged beasties - Still currently working on that one :)
All in all, I'd say it wasn't too bad of a year! Although I lost some special people in my life, I know they are looking down on me and are proud of the person I'm becoming. I have some exciting things planned for next year that include the ponies, fitness, and some other adventures, but I'll talk about that in the next blog...bis später (until later)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment