Monday, January 2, 2012

First Post of 2012!!!

YAY!!! Happy New Year :) This is is gonna rock! I can feel it deep down in my toes...new job, great rides, maybe new rides?!?! (ok, I have to be a little realistic here, probably not gonna happen but one can always dream!). I have my new goals ready for this year. I am also refraining from referring to them as resolutions, because a friend once said "Resolutions can be made and completed anytime as long as one has the strength to go through with them." Goals are different because because it's something that you would like to complete during the time-frame of a year but your life will not be better or worse if you don't. SO, let's get on with them:

2012 Goals:

  • Finish that darn USDF Bronze Medal!!! 
  • Qualify for GAIG's & BLM's at Second and Third Level
  • Get into better physical condition - last year I set a goal for lbs. lost and I accomplished that but this year I want muscle along with it...that means, ugh, working out :(
  • Get to at least one clinic this year (audit or riding)
  • Read 20 books with at least 1 being a book to help my passion for the sport
I think these are realistic and achievable goals, not too many and not too vague!

And now, for the new announcement....I have started another Blog (*gasp* I know, right?!?!). It is still about the adventures of my boys and I, but it is only about the training that the three of us do at home. I'm using a book that is all about dressage exercises as inspiration and cannot wait to get started! Check it out  at http://amateurdressagetrainingjournal.blogspot.com/. Hope everyone has had a great start to the New Year! Until next time, Happy Riding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment